Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Days 5-7: Lake Worth and Azel, TX

The reason I initially planned this trip, if you'll recall, was to visit my Grandma Korto.

I got to stay with her and her Shih-Tzu, JP in Lake Worth, TX .

As much as I'd like to blab about what went on in the area of not only Lake Worth, but also Azle, TX as well - it's family oriented. I'd rather speak of that to those who ask about it as opposed to sticking it onto the internet for everyone to look at.

As I blab about the few pictures I'll show, I'll say this: I realized I wish I'd laid more time out for Texas. It was a learning experience in many ways, and I don't necessarily feel "full" yet.

Below is George. This is one of the mini-cows ( info if you wish, regarding the cow breed



...TBC as soon as I get somewhere else that has wifi. I fell asleep again in front of the comp at mississippi. However, everything is uploaded (well, save for all of the D70 pics hahaha)

**************


All righty. In Atlanta with Bethany and Ryan, who are kind enough so as to give me a place to lay my head (and internets to leech off of) this evening/morning. I got in late...

...so here are the rest of 5-7 pics, and explanations along with them.

This was a cool sign. I liked the logo; what can I say?



At the Fort Worth Stockyards, I found a giant Chewbacca PEZ dispenser. I just thought it was cool so I took a picture... shots from the Stockyards, in addition to other shots that are with the D70... (I keep saying that. This blogging is more work than I thought that it would be)


This guy was hilarious... funny thing about the heat: it makes you kinda slow. If I had thought to do it, I would have totally had "my fortune read" by this guy, instead I just laughed and snapped a picture:



Lol: this was only funny because I'd already "met" Will Rogers at his hometown in Claremont, OK



After we went to the stockyards, my Aunt and Uncle took us to Joe T. Garcia's a well-known local restaurant, which had some of the best food I'd had in quite some time: along with beautiful gardens. My cousin was right: all restaurants should be that cool. Here's a shot of one of the fountains there:



These last couple shots are officially from the final day there, but whatever. Here is a shot of Grandma's dog, JP (stands for Jackpot)He really didn't like me taking photos of him. JP is pretty neat. He "talks" to grandma - I've only seen that in Boxers and Huskies, but he can say "I love you," better than any dog I've seen on you tube. Sadly, I couldn't get him to do it on my camera, so you're going to just have to take my word for it.




This next shot is cool. This is me and Grandma Korto, AKA Nana. She's the reason I decided to leave on this trip in the first place. The rest of the trip kinda feels just like bland, boring driving and money blowing now. I'm sad. I miss her already.




At any rate, Texas was beautiful, but horribly hot. Thankfully I'm in Atlanta, which, while LESS hot, is also MORE humid. From Texas, The Azle Kortokraxes gifted a Cactus to me, well-a few of them - and they are super special. In addition to being from their land, they have shells that used to belong to my Great Aunt Marge (who passed on about five years ago) - as well as three awesome fossils that they had found on their land as well. I'm toting the cactus in the seat behind me all the way back home to Illinois: Cacti are great, apparently I have to water it about once every 3 weeks (if it doesn't rain)...I'm excited to take care of it, as a wonderful memento of my time there.

So... Texas was great. I hope to be able to visit again fairly soon. I don't want to wait another 9 years.

On to the next, as Grant and Jason would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment